- Newly laid turf must be watered within half an hour of installation.
- Give the turf a really good soaking and check that the water has seeped through into the soil below. (Turn up a corner to check)
- Watering must be repeated until the turf has established. Weather conditions will dictate the frequency of watering.
- Ensure that your new lawn has enough moisture to survive hot, dry or windy weather. If laid during a hot dry period, water three times a day. Otherwise twice daily should be sufficient.
- If there are any signs of the turf drying out – WATER IMMEDIATELY!
Mowing Your New Lawn
- Wimborne Turf recommend that you do not mow your new turf until it has rooted. This can be easily checked by lifting up a corner of the turf to see if the roots are attached to the soil.
- Your lawn mower should be set to the highest setting – it is important that the lawn is not scalped during early mowing.
- Your first cut should be between 3mm – 5mm.
- Mow your lawn regularly.